Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Poetry - If I close my eyes

If I close my eyes
And hold my breath
I can pretend
That your hand is still holding my cheek
Or that your arm is there
Lying gently against my back
Or that your eyes are still looking into mine

But it’s only if
I close my eyes

I find that I lose track of time
Because I’m not asleep
But I am dreaming
Of how it was
And how quickly it is not

And I toy with the idea
Beneath closed eyelids
That I can still see all the things
I want

I can actually lose myself
Usually triggered by something
That reminds me of before

I can fall back to moments
When my eyes are also not open
I can feel the softness of your breath
As your lips touch mine
And how I smile
As you nibble at my lips
Or pull my face closer to yours

But then I have to open my eyes
And notice
That you’re gone

No comments:

Post a Comment

(dis)like this? Let me know what you think here.